Speculation of unavailability of foreign players in BPL
CRICDOT DESK : Bangladesh Premier League BPL did not went smoothly as the global pandemic made a halt to cricketing world due to coronavirus. However, to cope up the loss, the Bangladesh Cricket Board organized a tournament called Bangabandhu T20 Cup that season with local cricketers which later made a great impact and was praised highly. After a break BCB is returning to BPL again after 2019-20 season. According to the probable schedule, the one-month tournament will be held on January 20.
Speaking to media in Mirpur today (Thursday), Bangladesh Cricket Board chief executive Nizamuddin Chowdhury Sujan said, “What we have decided so far. There are BPL slots from January 20 to February 20. We will finish in this. ‘
BCB has invited tenders for the franchise for this year’s BPL. How is the board responding? Sujan said, ‘Submission can be made till 5 (December). Wait till then. Then I say. ‘
As per the rules, 4 cricketers are played in each team in each match in foreign quota in BPL. This time the tournament committee has been asked to bring it down to 3 people. In this situation, a new type of coronavirus, Omicron, has started to have an effect, in such a situation, can a standard foreign cricketer be found?
Sujan explains, ‘It is going on normally in my country. Its effect did not fall that way. If there is any later ban from the government on foreign travel. The way I think about it now, then maybe some fine tuning will have to be done. ‘